Teletherapy is a relatively new and increasingly popular form of therapy. It provides benefits similar to those of traditional therapy except that it is conducted from one computer screen to another or via telephone rather than in person. While such a format is not necessarily for everyone, it has a number of distinct advantages:
- It can eliminate drive time and time in traffic.
- It can make it easier to work around tight schedules.
- It can be done from multiple locations.
- It is not effected by weather issues that can make driving difficult.
- It reduces exposure to germs and various viruses.
- It is much easier for those without transportation or who have mobility challenges.
- It provides therapy access to people living in rural areas or other locations where access to therapists is unavailable or difficult.
These advantages can save money, maximize personal time, increase flexibility and provide a more convenient form of therapy.
If you would like to have your one or more of your sessions held via teletherapy, please follow these directions:
- If you prefer to have your session via telephone, please provide us a telephone number prior to your session where we can contact you at the time of your scheduled appointment.
- If you prefer to have your session via video conferencing, please download zoom.us to your device and forward us an email address. We will send an invitation to your email address at the time of your appointment.